Our 6th guiding principle in our mission statement:
We will continually focus on finding ways to reduce our environmental footprint through responsible use, recycling, and material selection.
West Metro Pediatric Dentistry is proud to be a “green” focused office—we are doing our very best to find new ways every day to help positively impact our planet for our patients.
Here are just a few of the things we have done to help lessen the environmental footprint our practice has:
- Paper bags instead of plastic bags for patient take-home supplies.
- All electronic appointment reminders—no more appointment cards or postcards.
- Electronic charting instead of paper charting.
- All digital x-rays instead of film x-rays.
- Amalgam separators installed in both offices.
- All rechargeable batteries instead of single-use batteries.
- Easily accessible trash/paper/cardboard recycling in both offices.
- No more print magazines in our waiting rooms.
- Opting out of all junk mail delivery.
- No more paper catalog deliveries for supplies—online only catalogs.
- Reusable plates/cups/silverware for staff—no single-use products.
- Blinds & window films to control HVAC use.
- Regular HVAC maintenance so that systems run at optimum strength.
- Thermostats are programmed and set at low settings for nighttime/weekends.
- Motion sensor light switches to control energy use.
- LED light bulbs wherever possible.
- All electronics are turned off each night rather going into sleep mode.
- Computer hardware all properly recycle after replacement.
- Water savings signs posted to remind patients not to run water while brushing teeth.
- Filtered drinking water available for patients rather than water bottles.
- Compostable/biodegradable coffee cups/lids/stir sticks instead of plastic or styrofoam.
- Refillable soaps/hand sanitizers and reduced plastic or paper refill packaging.
- Reusable air/water syringes in clinic area instead of one-time-use plastic ones.
- Order recycled office supplies whenever possible.
- Reusable tote bags for marketing/school visits rather than single-use paper bags.
It is our commitment to all the awesome young Colorado smiles we see each day to continue to work to expand our list whenever we can!